CRACK the CODE Celebration!

**CONTEST NOW CLOSED. CHECK IN TOMORROW to see if you CRACKED the CODE!**

I can’t believe it. 2000+ followers! Continually you show us what a great community this is! And we are so grateful to be a part of it, we had to celebrate. So, a drum roll please, for OPERATION: CRACK the CODE!

You know those enormous vaults stuffed with millions of cash, jewels and gold bars right? Well, The Bookshelf Muse has procured one just for you.

safe
When we hit 2K, Becca and I so desperately wanted to fill this steel bad boy with writerly coolness.  But, it’s a big vault, and we’re only two people.

So, in the spirit of what our writing & blogging community stands for, we reached out to a few SUPERSTARS who always go above and beyond to help others. And guess what?

The vault filled with LITERARY GOLD.

Shall we take a peek at what you could win?

From POWERHOUSE SCI-FI AUTHOR Beth Revis, a signed copy of Across the Universe

From WRITING LUMINARY Casey of LITERARY RAMBLES, a 10 pg YA/MG critique

From YA MASTERMIND Stina of SEEING CREATIVE & QUERY TRACKER BLOG, a 2 chapter critique (all ages/genres)

From CONTEMPORARY GENIUS AUTHOR Janet Gurtler, a 3 chapter critique of a YA, plus an ARC of IF I TELL.

From STRUCTURE SUPERWOMAN Laura of Laura Pauling’s Blog, a $10 Amazon gift certificate toward SAVE THE CAT (Snyder) or another book & a Structural Analysis of your opening 3 chapters for  hook, inciting incident, and the start of the character arc.

From BLINDINGLY BRILLIANT MG/YA AUTHOR P.J. Hoover, a ten page MG/YA critique and an ebook copy of SOLSTICE along with a set of awesome trading cards

From MG FANTASY AMAZON Author Janice Hardy, a first chapter critique (all ages/genres)

From KIDLIT CHAMPION Martina of ADVENTURES IN CHILDREN’S PUBLISHING, a 50-page critique (all ages/genres)

From MA BESTIE BECCA, an ARC of Lauren Myracle’s Shine and a 5K critique (all ages/genres)

From MISTRESS OF MIDDLE GRADE Shannon of Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe, a 10 page critique (all ages)

From ICON of AWESOME Julie of Julie Musil’s Blog, a copy of PLOT & STRUCTURE (Bell)

And from ME, a Blog Assessment & a 5K critique (all ages/genres)

Oh and did we mention the GRAND PRIZE? (see below)

As Probst says on SURVIVOR...worth playing for?

HERE’S THE DEAL:  See all the Thesaurus Collections linked in the sidebar? Well, we’ve hidden 25 vault photos that say CRACK the CODE on 25 different entries. Find 5 and then enter THIS FORM listing where you found them. That’s right, we’re challenging you to a good ol’ fashioned treasure hunt!

After you fill out the form, we will send you a combination code for the VAULT. Hang onto it…because on June 19th, we’ll post the winning combinations. If yours is listed, click on it to see which prize you’ve won!

IF you find ALL 25 hidden vaults, you can enter for our grand prize–this awesome shirt!

So, start poking around! Need a HINT or two? Visit the blogs of the folks listed above and gather the clues!

CONTEST CLOSES MIDDAY SATURDAY ON JUNE 18th, SO GET CRACKING!! As always, tweets and mentions are appreciated but not required. If you do TWEET THIS, we have a hashtag too! #CRACKtheCODE

Image: OpenClips @ Pixabay

Angela is an international speaker and bestselling author who loves to travel, teach, empower writers, and pay-it-forward. She also enjoys dreaming up new tools and resources for One Stop For Writers, a library built to help writers elevate their storytelling.
This entry was posted in Contests, Past Events. Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to CRACK the CODE Celebration!

1. Pingback: 10 Tips to Organizing a Kick Ass Online Book Event | Kristen Lamb's Blog

2. Pingback: Last Chance to CRACK the CODE! | WRITERS HELPING WRITERSWRITERS HELPING WRITERS

3. Congratulations! I had a ball looking for the 25. I’ll be speaking descriptively all day!

4. Great competition! You deserve it.

I entered about 2 or 3 days ago and I don’t have a code yet. I’m hoping I didnt give you the wrong email address!

Laura
    ~X~

5. Congrads, Angela! I am so honored to know you. 🙂 Super fantastic contest, my friend.

6. Congrats on the 2000+ followers! What a great contest.

7. tfwalsh says:

Love treasure hunting!!

8. Dawn Brazil says:

Awesome contest. So excited. Thanks for having this.

9. Jeff King says:

Found all 25… What a chore, thx.

10. Wow! That’s about all I can say. Wow! Awesomely amazing stash!

You guys are amazing. 😀

Off to sidebar you.

11. I am so happy for you! You deserve a million followers!

12. kristen says:

Hi Angela and Becca-
    Sorry to be a pain, but I checked that I would like to be entered into all of the prizes, but after I sent it, started really looking at them and noticed I wouldn’t have any YA material to critique. So please remove me from YA/MG contests with critiques.
    Thanks
    Kristen Johnson
    kristengjohnson (at) gmail (.) com

13. Pam Torres says:

That is an incredible list of prizes and congrats on all the followers. I’m usually a little late on the cool stuff, but I eventually find my way. Glad to have found your awesome blog!

14. Wow. What a contest!

15. You deserve all your followers and many many more.

I rushed home on Friday and showed hubby the site. He was impressed. More so than at my lame explanation at the party. 😉

16. Fantastic idea with brilliant goodies – and so much fun, thank you! Here’s to many more followers and wonderful blog posts (raising a virtual glass).

17. Manon Eileen says:

Congratulations, I’m very excited for you 😀 I can’t wait to dig into this contest! I love it, what a huge amount of goodies! ^^

18. wow, an amazing competition! Congrats on your 2k+ followers!

19. Thanks so much for everything you do for us–all the great info and this wonderful contest.

20. Thanks everyone for getting into the spirit and having some fun with us at the blog. You guys have been awesome too with all your mentions and tweets–we can’t thank you enough for passing on the word, and for always being such great cheerleaders of The Bookshelf Muse. 🙂

Angela

21. What an amazing contest, ladies! You guys rock!

22. SO fun!!! YOu guys ROCK. Thanks for continuing to post such great and helpful info ;o) *goes searching*

CONGRATS on 2000+ Whoooooooooo!

23. Aldrea Alien says:

Just found all 25, not easy when I’ve only slow dialup and around 10% of the pages didn’t want to load … even with all the wonderful prizes, I don’t care if I get nothing, I’m just hyped I found them all. 😀

Congrats on passing the “2000 followers” mark. Personally, seeing how this is such a helpful blog, I’m shocked it didn’t happen sooner.

24. Trisha says:

Woah, seriously awesome prizes here!!

25. Oh man! You guys are sooo awesome!! I’m not entering because I don’t want to take chances for fabulous prizes from others. But I fully intend to cheer everyone else on!!!