CRACK the CODE Celebration!

**CONTEST NOW CLOSED. CHECK IN TOMORROW to see if you CRACKED the CODE!**

I can’t believe it. 2000+ followers! Continually you show us what a great community this is! And we are so grateful to be a part of it, we had to celebrate. So, a drum roll please, for OPERATION: CRACK the CODE!

You know those enormous vaults stuffed with millions of cash, jewels and gold bars right? Well, The Bookshelf Muse has procured one just for you.

safe
When we hit 2K, Becca and I so desperately wanted to fill this steel bad boy with writerly coolness.  But, it’s a big vault, and we’re only two people.

So, in the spirit of what our writing & blogging community stands for, we reached out to a few SUPERSTARS who always go above and beyond to help others. And guess what?

The vault filled with LITERARY GOLD.

Shall we take a peek at what you could win?

From POWERHOUSE SCI-FI AUTHOR Beth Revis, a signed copy of Across the Universe

From WRITING LUMINARY Casey of LITERARY RAMBLES, a 10 pg YA/MG critique

From YA MASTERMIND Stina of SEEING CREATIVE & QUERY TRACKER BLOG, a 2 chapter critique (all ages/genres)

From CONTEMPORARY GENIUS AUTHOR Janet Gurtler, a 3 chapter critique of a YA, plus an ARC of IF I TELL.

From STRUCTURE SUPERWOMAN Laura of Laura Pauling’s Blog, a $10 Amazon gift certificate toward SAVE THE CAT (Snyder) or another book & a Structural Analysis of your opening 3 chapters for  hook, inciting incident, and the start of the character arc.

From BLINDINGLY BRILLIANT MG/YA AUTHOR P.J. Hoover, a ten page MG/YA critique and an ebook copy of SOLSTICE along with a set of awesome trading cards

From MG FANTASY AMAZON Author Janice Hardy, a first chapter critique (all ages/genres)

From KIDLIT CHAMPION Martina of ADVENTURES IN CHILDREN’S PUBLISHING, a 50-page critique (all ages/genres)

From MA BESTIE BECCA, an ARC of Lauren Myracle’s Shine and a 5K critique (all ages/genres)

From MISTRESS OF MIDDLE GRADE Shannon of Ramblings of a Wannabe Scribe, a 10 page critique (all ages)

From ICON of AWESOME Julie of Julie Musil’s Blog, a copy of PLOT & STRUCTURE (Bell)

And from ME, a Blog Assessment & a 5K critique (all ages/genres)

Oh and did we mention the GRAND PRIZE? (see below)

As Probst says on SURVIVOR...worth playing for?

HERE’S THE DEAL:  See all the Thesaurus Collections linked in the sidebar? Well, we’ve hidden 25 vault photos that say CRACK the CODE on 25 different entries. Find 5 and then enter THIS FORM listing where you found them. That’s right, we’re challenging you to a good ol’ fashioned treasure hunt!

After you fill out the form, we will send you a combination code for the VAULT. Hang onto it…because on June 19th, we’ll post the winning combinations. If yours is listed, click on it to see which prize you’ve won!

IF you find ALL 25 hidden vaults, you can enter for our grand prize–this awesome shirt!

So, start poking around! Need a HINT or two? Visit the blogs of the folks listed above and gather the clues!

CONTEST CLOSES MIDDAY SATURDAY ON JUNE 18th, SO GET CRACKING!! As always, tweets and mentions are appreciated but not required. If you do TWEET THIS, we have a hashtag too! #CRACKtheCODE

Image: OpenClips @ Pixabay

Angela is an international speaker and bestselling author who loves to travel, teach, empower writers, and pay-it-forward. She also enjoys dreaming up new tools and resources for One Stop For Writers, a library built to help writers elevate their storytelling.

This entry was posted in Contests, Past Events. Bookmark the permalink.

56 Responses to CRACK the CODE Celebration!

1. Pingback: 10 Tips to Organizing a Kick Ass Online Book Event | Kristen Lamb's Blog

2. Pingback: Last Chance to CRACK the CODE! | WRITERS HELPING WRITERSWRITERS HELPING WRITERS

3. Congratulations! I had a ball looking for the 25. I’ll be speaking descriptively all day!

4. Great competition! You deserve it.

I entered about 2 or 3 days ago and I don’t have a code yet. I’m hoping I didnt give you the wrong email address!

Laura
    ~X~

5. Congrads, Angela! I am so honored to know you. 🙂 Super fantastic contest, my friend.

6. Congrats on the 2000+ followers! What a great contest.

7. tfwalsh says:

Love treasure hunting!!

8. Dawn Brazil says:

Awesome contest. So excited. Thanks for having this.

9. Jeff King says:

Found all 25… What a chore, thx.

10. Wow! That’s about all I can say. Wow! Awesomely amazing stash!

You guys are amazing. 😀

Off to sidebar you.

11. I am so happy for you! You deserve a million followers!

12. kristen says:

Hi Angela and Becca-
    Sorry to be a pain, but I checked that I would like to be entered into all of the prizes, but after I sent it, started really looking at them and noticed I wouldn’t have any YA material to critique. So please remove me from YA/MG contests with critiques.
    Thanks
    Kristen Johnson
    kristengjohnson (at) gmail (.) com

13. Pam Torres says:

That is an incredible list of prizes and congrats on all the followers. I’m usually a little late on the cool stuff, but I eventually find my way. Glad to have found your awesome blog!

14. Wow. What a contest!

15. You deserve all your followers and many many more.

I rushed home on Friday and showed hubby the site. He was impressed. More so than at my lame explanation at the party. 😉

16. Fantastic idea with brilliant goodies – and so much fun, thank you! Here’s to many more followers and wonderful blog posts (raising a virtual glass).

17. Manon Eileen says:

Congratulations, I’m very excited for you 😀 I can’t wait to dig into this contest! I love it, what a huge amount of goodies! ^^

18. wow, an amazing competition! Congrats on your 2k+ followers!

19. Thanks so much for everything you do for us–all the great info and this wonderful contest.

20. Thanks everyone for getting into the spirit and having some fun with us at the blog. You guys have been awesome too with all your mentions and tweets–we can’t thank you enough for passing on the word, and for always being such great cheerleaders of The Bookshelf Muse. 🙂

Angela

21. What an amazing contest, ladies! You guys rock!

22. SO fun!!! YOu guys ROCK. Thanks for continuing to post such great and helpful info ;o) *goes searching*

CONGRATS on 2000+ Whoooooooooo!

23. Aldrea Alien says:

Just found all 25, not easy when I’ve only slow dialup and around 10% of the pages didn’t want to load … even with all the wonderful prizes, I don’t care if I get nothing, I’m just hyped I found them all. 😀

Congrats on passing the “2000 followers” mark. Personally, seeing how this is such a helpful blog, I’m shocked it didn’t happen sooner.

24. Trisha says:

Woah, seriously awesome prizes here!!

25. Oh man! You guys are sooo awesome!! I’m not entering because I don’t want to take chances for fabulous prizes from others. But I fully intend to cheer everyone else on!!!

26. Welcome, Anonymous friend of Janice Hardy! And thanks, Janice, for the link!

27. Jemi Fraser says:

You ladies are amazing – what an incredible list of prizes!! Off to have some fun… 🙂

28. Congrats Angela and Becca! What a great milestone and a terrific idea for a contest! 🙂

29. This was fun. I enjoyed getting to look through the entries in the different thesauri. It’s good to remember all these things.

Congrats again on the followers. You guys rock the writing house!

30. Anonymous says:

Just stumbled upon your blog from Janice Hardy’s link. Looks like great stuff. I’ll be coming back to see more!

31. PJ Hoover says:

I love this description of me. I’m going to keep it around and read it each morning.

32. Wow, this is so cool! Congrats on the 2000+ followers.
    Hopefully I have the patience to find all 25 ’cause I want that shirt!

33. Carrie says:

1) Congrats! Your hard work is certainly paying off. 🙂

2) You’re giving me a reason to wander around the thesauruses all afternoon? YES! Thank you! 😀

34. So glad everyone is enjoying the hunt. Thank you all for being a part of The Bookshelf Muse!

35. Wow! What fun! Congrats on the 2k!!!

36. What a GREAT celebration! I just spent much too much time looking for all the words. And now I need more time to sit back and read these awesome posts! 🙂

37. Thanks everyone for the well wishes! But I feel like I should be cheering you guys because you did this! You make us awesome!

*pom poms*

Angela

38. Karen Lange says:

Wow, awesome celebration! Will have to get started this afternoon. Thanks to both of you, and congrats on the followers! 😀

39. Oh this will be fun! Thanks for letting the internationals play too 🙂

40. Julie Musil says:

Congratulations on this huge milestone. You have helped soooo many writers with your amazing resources. Thank you!

41. Wow! You two have really outdone yourselves this time. Amazing!! 🙂

I’ll be back…

42. Fun! And so many great resources here! Thank you for all the great prizes.

43. Linda Kish says:

This was a lot of fun! Thanks.

44. Heather says:

This is awesome! How fun! I’m off to try my luck…

45. Oh, I’m so excited!! I got all 25!! Took me a lot of hair twirling/pulling to get the last one as I had to go back through to see what I’d missed. But it was fun!!

46. E. Arroyo says:

This is AWESOME! You guys are great!

47. Guys, if you were looking early in the AM and only found 24, the 25th one is PANIC under the Emotion Thesaurus Collection. My bad–for some reason this post was not linked in the sidebar *embarrassed*

Angela

48. What a creative idea! Just love it. Congrats on reaching 2000 members! Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving site.

49. aurora M. says:

I think this is a great contest!
    Thanks for the chance.

50. Eliza Tilton says:

what a fun contest! This site has been such a great resource. Thanks! And grats on 2000k!

51. Ava Jae says:

This was a fun, awesome idea for a contest! Congratulations on over 2,000 followers!

52. Yes, anyone can enter–I think there is one prize limited to the US only but don’t worry I’ll handle it on my end. 🙂

Thanks for the congrats–happy playing!

53. Awesome! Man, I love that shirt. 🙂 And congrats on this amazing milestone!

54. Anonymous says:

is this international? *hopes it it*

55. It may take a few hours for us to send you your combination code upon receiving an entry. BUT, if you do not see it in your mailbox within 12 hours or so, just ping us and we’ll look into it. Don’t forget to check your spam filters as well, and GOOD LUCK!!