International Talk Like a Pirate Day!!

Arr, Matey! Today be that most illustrious of days where you can hoist yer rum to the the Jolly Roger and skip washin’ fer a day or three. Today, as the mate in the crow’s nest keeps a weather eye out for ships to pillage, we’ll play the hornpipe and drink, tellin’ all sorts of foul lies about the enemies we bested and the booty we stole.

As a loyal crew, you should know I has a love of pirates and all things piratey. And as yer Captain, I’m requesting ye come join the fun, lettin’ out yer inner pirate.

So let’s hear yer best pirate speak in them comments, or me terrifying first mate, Crazy Eye Becca will tenderize yer shank with a keel haulin’, ye pack of scaberous, scurvy-ridden dogs! ARRRRRR!

Yer pirate name
Pirate personality test
Pirate laws
English to Pirate translator

10 Responses to International Talk Like a Pirate Day!!

1. Angela says:

I like yer spitit, lass! Onward the attack!!

2. Bish Denham says:

Cap’t Legless Marilyn Smither here. I’ve got me blunderbuss leveled at the lot of ye, so’s ye’d best keep scrubbin’ them decks. I like a clean, tight ship you worthless barrels of bad run. Altho’ on land, my dangerous crew, ye can be as loose as ye wish. ARRRRG. Is that Port Royal I see? Ready the cannon! We’ll blast her to smithereens, loot, pillage and plunder, get drunk, have our way with the men and maybe even shanghi a few to have as playthings while we sail the seven seas. Are ye with me my heartless ladies or must I drag ye by the hair into adventure and fun?

3. Tabitha says:

I’m Tax-Evadin’ Abigail Straw! Beware me wrath, or ye be sleepin’ with Davy Jones, like the last collector who snatched me purse. Arrrrrr!!

🙂

4. Angela says:

Welcome mateys! Lean back and have a sip o’ the flask, regaling us with takes of deeds done in the dark watches of the night.

5. Sea Monkey Laura here, drinkin’ the best o’ the rum. Get out of me hammock, Lazy Eye Jo!

6. Becca says:

That be Cap’n Bianca Deadbones to ye. And methinks Angela’d be better dubbed as Cap’n Nutball. ARrrhhhh!

7. PJ Hoover says:

Oooh, I’m Lazy Eye Jo. Nice.

8. Angela says:

I’m Cap’n Avalon Greasepalms and don’t none of ye landlubbers forget it!

Position: The Quartermaster–I haul the keels and keel the hauls, so step lively, mate!

Favorite weapon: Cat-o-nine…WOOT!

9. Beth says:

Scowlin’ Sara Jones at yer service.

10. Just_Me says:

My pirate name has always been: Dangerous Meg (arrr! puzzle pirates!)

And my personality is:
    Cap’n

:o)

Weapon of choice is an assortment of knives and bludgeons. :0)

I love talk like a pirate day! Argh!