To Nano, or Not…Part Two

After waffling back and forth, I’m deciding not to participate in Nano this year. I’m sad, because I really wanted to, but I know the best thing for me right now is to stay on track with Merlin’s Bookshelf, getting it ready to sent out.

I actually thought I was ready to send it out, too, and then I got a fan-tab-u-lous critique from a fellow Blue Boarder who helped me figure out a few concerns I had. She’s brilliant–brilliant, I say! If you’re visiting Verla’s, take time to tell the user jojohn that she’s freakin’ awesome in my books!

What I would like to try to do is perhaps try a Dec-wri-mo or a Jan-wri-mo. Writing a new book is just what I need to get my brain moving again, and to keep me occupied while I wait for critiques to come in for my other novel, In Between. Unfortunately the timing isn’t so hot for me for November, but I’ll be cheering on all my fellow writers taking the plunge.

Go Nanoers!! WOOT!

This entry was posted in About Us, Agents, Critiquing & Critiques. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to To Nano, or Not…Part Two

1. Angela says:

Awesome! We’ll see what January holds for all of us. 🙂

2. Shari says:

I’ve decided against NaNo this year, too. It was a hard decision, cuz I love NaNo! But I’m just wrapping up revisions on a project I’ve been completely immersed in, and I know I’m not ready to switch gears that quickly. I’ll probably be game for January, though! 🙂

3. Becca says:

CR: Awesome! Such a small world. I won’t be attending seminar this year, because our daughter will only be 7 months old and I don’t want to leave her for that long. I hate missing California, though!

4. Creative A says:

I actually think that sometimes it’s harder to resist Nano than to participate. Good luck all your revisions, Angela 🙂

-CA

5. Rose Archer says:

I’m in. I succeeded in 2006. I still remember just how hard it was and I’m still doing it, again. Sheez.

6. C.R. Evers says:

Becca! I just saw your post on my chick-fil-A blog about your husband owning a CFA! My husband owns a CFA here too!!!!!!! The one in Raleigh Durham RTP. His name is Brad Evers

How funny. I wonder if we’ve met each other at conference before. My favorites are in Orlando because I love roller coasters. :0)

7. Angela says:

yeah, don’t stress you can do it anytime really! Glad you found a great crit partner. Happy Revisions!

8. Bish Denham says:

I see we are not alone. I’m not doing NaNo either. What I do hope to work on during that time is a MG that’s about half done.

Cheers to all the NaNoers.

9. Angela says:

Just_me, Merc, CR, Yuna–I totally wish all you Nanoers the best! I really am going to miss it, but when January rolls around, we;ll see if anyone’s up for a Jan-mo, sound good?

Yuna, thanks so much for the offer! If I run up against any trouble, I’ll probably post it at CC for people to shredify!

PJ & Courtney, we’ll see what Jan has to offer!

Kelly and I will be your official cheerleaders, right, Kelly?

10. Becca says:

Sounds like a well-thought-out plan. Good luck to all of you who are taking the plunge!

11. Yunaleska says:

Merlin? *ears prick up* Merlin? I love Merlin! (all thanks to the BBC drama currently showing). If you need an extra critter I’m available!

I’m going try and do nano this year (1st time) but it does depend on circumstances.

12. courtney says:

If you do a JanWriMo, I’d be so there! Or I hope I would be. I mean, from this side of October it seems totally do-able, but with my luck. 🙂

13. Kelly says:

I’ll cheer the Nanoers with you!
    WOO HOO!
    I’m opting out as well…

14. PJ Hoover says:

If the timing works out, I’ll join you. It is so all about timing. If it’s not going to work, better to postpone!

15. Merc says:

I is sad you aren’t doing it, Angela, but understand. Yay for fabulous crits! 🙂 Glad you’re figuring out MB and getting it ready to send out again.

Maybe in Jan, then? *hopeful look* I’d like another Janwrimo.

~Merc

16. C.R. Evers says:

a 50,000 word, month long commitment is pretty huge. If there’s another project you want to finish, then it’s probably the best thing to work on where your heart and mind are.

Good luck with finishing your merlin book!

Christy

17. Just_Me says:

I did NaNo in February last year :o) That was fun…

Honestly, I have the same issue with NaNo. I really want to do it, I’m signed up, but I’ve finally cleared some hurdles and need to buckle down with That Certain Book so it gets finished and polished and ready to query.

I’m hoping that I’ll be able to do my fun NaNo project (projected to be short) and still get some work down on my main WIP.