Happy Halloween

Hey everybody!

The usual setting post today has been bumped by the O great holiday of witches and ghouls: Halloween! I’m celebrating by watching horror movies, and so thought I’d share a few of my favorites (funny and scary) with you.

Here’s a few flicks to round out your spooky night that I have enjoyed in the past.

Zombieland
Children of the Corn
The Shining
The Ring
28 weeks
I Am Legend
Hellraiser

I’m sure I’m missing tons, so if you’re a fan of the scary flicks, please add a few of your favs in the comments. Happy Halloween, all!

Angela is a writing coach, international speaker, and bestselling author who loves to travel, teach, empower writers, and pay-it-forward. She also is a founder of One Stop For Writers, a portal to powerful, innovative tools to help writers elevate their storytelling.

Sadako

Great movies. I would add Ginger Snaps, since it’s my fave horror movie of all.

Angela

Matt, don’t feel bad–i think I got the two mixed up too!

MG–Exorcist. Classic. Poltergeist, too.

PJ, Yeah, as a writer, the Shining just gets to you. Love it!

Rena, I got into horror movies because of my folks too…but liked it even back then. I can’t imagine making my kid watching something outside of their comfort zone tho…

Mary, the Ring was seriously messed up. *shivers*

Kelly, as a teen I had all the Nightmare on Elm street posters in my room. JD was awesome, even back then!

Kelly

Happy Halloween!
I’m too chicken to watch too many scary movies.
I saw the Incubus as a child and was haunted forever! Though I did notice a very cute Johnny Depp in Nightmare on Elm Street, worth the blood!

Mary Witzl

My kids, who are not easily cowed, were scared witless after seeing The Ring. I gave it a miss. The Shining and Carrie were bad enough. (Carrie — don’t forget Carrie!)

Rena

Okay, I’ve seen 2 of those. Well, parts of them anyway. I’m such a wimp! The Exorcist and Omen scared me to bits as a kid. My mom took me to see them when they came out. WTH? No wonder I don’t watch movies like that now.

My extent of Halloween movies include Nightmare Before Christmas, Dracula (Lugosi), Frankenstein, Hocus Pocus, Garfield and It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

Matt

Okay, I take it back. Sandy Bullock was in 28 Days. 28 Days Later was the zombie movie and its sequel was 28 Weeks Later. Still not as scary as Sandy Bullock drunk.

PJ Hoover

The Shining is my all time favorite scary movie! Love it!
Have fun!

MG Higgins

I’d add the Exorcist to that list.

Matt

28 Weeks – Nothing’s scarier than a drunk Sandra Bullock.
I’m partial to 28 Weeks Later myself.