WHW Thanks You For Being Amazing

Wow, what a WEEK! Thank you all so much for all your support, and three cheers for all the AMAZING RACERS!

pinterest Amazing racers_bothWhile we didn’t hit that lofty goal of 2000 individual writers, we did manage to help almost EVERYONE who asked for it. For the most part, writers were given help in 2-3 areas, and some even more! So while our total was close to 350 writers, I think it’s fair to say that close to 1000 critiques, exposure opportunities, feedback, tweets, blog reviews, etc. were delivered by this AMAZING Racing team. So in my book, I declare this race WON.

Isn’t it amazing what can be done when people pull together?  This is why it’s so important to find a good critique group and support network, so we can cheer each other on and bounce ideas off one another. And if you are looking for supportive connections, visit the Pinterest Board above! Our AMAZING RACERS are as supportive as they come.

Thank you all for all the well wishes and kind words this week, and for letting us know how much an Amazing Racer’s feedback meant to you. And heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped out with this event, once again proving the Writing Community is one of the best, most giving communities around!

And now…sleep. 🙂

Zzzzz….

Angela is a writing coach, international speaker, and bestselling author who loves to travel, teach, empower writers, and pay-it-forward. She also is a founder of One Stop For Writers, a portal to powerful, innovative tools to help writers elevate their storytelling.
This entry was posted in Amazing Race, Past Events, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Christine
Christine

Would have loved to access your video–it was such a nice gesture to share it. Unfortunately, it was not compatible with Safari. Maybe next time…

Cynthia Willis
Cynthia Willis

I missed most of this excitement, I’m sorry to say, but I think it’s beyond wonderful how you and Becca contribute so much to the writing community. Hurray for you guys. : )

Karen Zoccoli
Karen Zoccoli

As a first time “racer” I appreciated and thoroughly enjoyed this event and all the hard work that went into it. Thanks!

Shah Wharton'

I must thank Jami and Becca for their hugely helpful and quick with my novel opening. You both rock! Thanks so much for this very generous help.

PS: Jay rocks too… everyone needs a Jay to rock their server supply! 🙂

Jenny Hansen

I’m so impressed that y’all did this! I was buried in Law Firm Land and missed the whole thing. Please hit me up on your next race and I’ll help. 🙂

Debbie Ratliff
Debbie Ratliff

Writing my first novel was the “easy” part, the sleepless nights worrying about the query letter were far more difficult. I submitted the letter for critique, nervous but anxious for another set of eyes to help tighten up a too long and detailed query.

I was not disappointed. The volunteer who selected my submission provided the feedback and suggestions I needed to create a stronger and more interesting letter. I am close now to a final product and anxious to see what will happen once I submit the query to an agent.

Thank you and your volunteers for your dedication to the craft of writing and for your assistance.

Debbie R. Lexington, KY

gina
gina

Can’t say thanks enough!

J H Bogran

It was a blast. And an honor to work on this project.

Now I’m wondering what this dynamic duo will put together for next year!

José

sjp
sjp

It was wicked fun and glad to help anyone I could 🙂 there’s some amazing stories out there

TechGuy to the Muses
Admin
TechGuy to the Muses

Yay! Glad everyone can see the webinar.

If you want to hear Angela, Becca, and I just chatting about stuff, do scroll to the beginning. It was one of our more entertaining pre-webinar conversations – especially our recipe exchange. 🙂

(Start at around 49:20 & you can use the left / right arrow keys for fast forwarding / rewinding.)

-Jay
@jaytechdad

Mark Koopmans

Today at 4:35 PM

Aloha Angela,

THANKS so much for spending the time to poke around my blog and then let me know your thoughts.

I know you probably had a dozen other things you could have done this morning, so I *really* do appreciate your suggestions and comments 🙂

Mark Koopmans

Dear Angela,

Catrina

You ladies are well connected and awesome! 🙂

C.Lee McKenzie
C.Lee McKenzie

It was great. I ran into writers I knew and met some new ones.

Thanks for your generous offer of the Webinar, you two.

Lisanne Cooper
Lisanne Cooper

I got such good feedback on my pitch. Things I hadn’t thought about. And it felt really good to help out the few writers I did. Thanks for the opportunity you gave me to help and be helped. Y’all are wonderful women.

Mart Ramirez

It was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Thank you for letting me be part of this! And thank you for the gift of Character Creation.

Taffy

Thank you so much for this fun week!

Karen Walters

Thank you so much for doing this! I received critical feedback on my novel opening that I’m incredibly grateful for. And Jay Donovan is simply AWESOME.

Thanks again!

themagicviolinist

You all have to watch this webinar. Seriously, it was amazing! 😀

Kim Van Sickler

Angela, you did a great job running the race. Everything was easily accessible, clearly delineated, and straightforward. I really enjoyed myself.

Yolanda Renee

Thanks for your help with my blog design. Made some of the changes you suggested and already have positive feedback. Love the support!

Heather M. Gardner

You guys did an amazing job on this and it was amazing to be a part of it!
Thank you.
Heather M. Gardner

Natalie Aguirre

Not entering the contest, but just wanted to say thanks to you and Becca for thinking of another awesome way we can help each other. Hope you’ve had a great book release week!

Natasha Hanova
Natasha Hanova

Thanks for organizing this wonderful event!