One Stop For Writers: Your Ultimate Online Library

booksoldThis post has been waiting to be written for some time, and I must admit that as I finally type it out, I’m twitchy-nervous. Why? Because whenever we push ourselves out of our comfort zone to try something new, it is both scary and exhilarating. In our minds we imagine how wonderful it will turn out, but among these exciting flashes also churns our deepest worries and fears: Can I do this? Am I ready? Should I just stick to what is known, the path that works?

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000046_00058]A few years ago, Becca and I were in this very same place. We had completed The Emotion Thesaurus, an unusual little resource very different from all other writing books available. Self-publishing still carried stigma, and we were about to put ourselves out there as authorities in an area dominated by traditionally published bestselling authors, highly educated editors, and world-renowned agents. Hitting publish took a lot of courage (and perhaps a dash of insanity), but we took the leap.

And I am so proud of us that we did.

So here we are again with the desire to innovate, to try and build something that will really help writers create wonderful, rich stories and characters, and save them time doing it. Becca and I, along with one of the brilliant developers of Scrivener, are creating something called One Stop For Writers™.  This website brings together everything we have worked on, and everything we plan for the future, all in what we hope you will agree is a one-stop library experience unlike any other.

typewriterWe are still months away from release, but we are building an email list so that we can share our progress, update our audience on some of the offerings, announce when beta testing positions come available and so much more. If this new Writers Helping Writers project sounds like something you are interested in following, we hope you’ll sign up for the occasional update. You can also find more information on the project here.

Regardless, we are so happy you have taken this journey with us. Becca and I hope we can continue to help you succeed through content we provide here, in our books, and at One Stop For Writers.

Image 1: Jarmoluk @Pixabay
Image 3: mikilnarayani at Pixabay

Angela is a writing coach, international speaker, and bestselling author who loves to travel, teach, empower writers, and pay-it-forward. She also is a founder of One Stop For Writers, an online library packed with powerful tools to help writers elevate their storytelling.
This entry was posted in One Stop For Writers, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to One Stop For Writers: Your Ultimate Online Library

1. trish dechant says:

I am so happy to see this—but I am having trouble trying to sign up. It keeps saying invalid token. ACK!

I would really love to sign up for this-please contact me and let me know what I need to do!

2. Pingback: Holy Smokes! This is just too exciting. | Romance Under Fire

3. Micki says:

Brilliant! I find myself turning to all three of your resource books on a regular basis. As a devoted fan of Scrivener, this is exciting news. Can’t wait to see / buy / use “One Stop!”

All best as you iron out the kinks… and hurry. Please.
    ; )

4. Barbara Johnson says:

I had the Emotion Thesaurus on my Kindle on PC, but somehow it, the Kindle, went wanky and I haven’t been able to access it in a while. I know I could probably contact Amazon and get it back again as this happened before. But I like ‘books in hand’ much better for reference books, so a couple of days ago, I bit the bullet and ordered all three of these books. Can’t wait to get my hands on them.

• Yikes. I’m so sorry you lost access to it. But I must admit that I like the paper copies better—for all of my nonfiction reading. I know that you can highlight and add notes on an electronic version, but there’s something about writing my own notes and seeing ink in the margins that helps solidify ideas for me. Enjoy your copies!

• Jen says:

My boyfriend I just had this conversation the other day and I basically said the exact same thing about paper copies. Nothing beats a real book.

5. Paul says:

This definitely sounds like an interesting project. My hope is that the developer is familiar with screen reader accessibility, because as a blind user I’d hate to miss out on such a great resource.

6. Sacha Black says:

AMAZING. Cannot wait for this to be released. I am definitely signing up for updates. This is so exciting.

7. Thank you all! We are very excited to try this new adventure as well. 🙂 Thank you so much for the wonderful support!

8. Pat W Coffey says:

What a great convenience.

9. Pat W Coffey says:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

10. Sounds fabulous, can’t wait to learn more!!

11. Mart Ramirez says:

Omg this is AMAZING!!!!! Congrats!!! YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!! ????

12. Carleen M. Tjader says:

Sounds good! Excited to hear more about it.