You know here at Writers Helping Writers we endorse powerful description, and that’s why we’re delighted to tell you about today’s prize!
The Anatomy of Prose: The Senses course gives you the tools you need to enrich your writing. By focusing on and developing your knowledge of the senses, you’ll heighten your imagery, as well as power up your story’s emotion, characters, and descriptions.
In the course you’ll:
- Discover the pillars of all good sensory writing and how to implement them in your own work.
- Learn the psychology behind sensory descriptions, how to use psychology to your advantage, and the impact it has on the reader.
- Receive a detailed breakdown of how to create rich descriptions for each individual sense.
- Learn when you should and shouldn’t use each sense.
- Get a raft of tools, tips, tricks, and techniques to help you improve all five senses.
- Identify why published examples of sensory description work and how to use the same techniques in your own work.
- Understand the mistakes many writers make with the senses and how to fix them.
- Receive course exercises to put lessons into practice.
Sacha Black is a bestselling author, rebel podcaster, and professional speaker.
She writes educational nonfiction books for writers and fantasy books for both Young Adult and adult audiences.
She lives in Cambridgeshire, England, with her wife and son.
14 days, 14 AMAZING giveaways. To see what other Advent Calendar giveaway windows are open, go here. The last date to enter all draws is December 19th.