A story where the character gets exactly what they want doesn’t make for good reading. But add villainous clashes, lost advantages, power struggles, and menacing threats…well, now we have the makings of a page-turner. Conflict is the golden thread that binds plot to arc, providing the complications, setbacks, and derailments that make the character’s inner and outer journeys dynamic.
FORTIFY YOUR STORY BY ADDING MEANINGFUL CONFLICT AT DIFFERENT LEVELS
Inside Volume 2 of The Conflict Thesaurus, you’ll find:
- A myriad of conflict options in the form of power struggles, ego-related stressors, dangers and threats, advantage and control losses, and other miscellaneous challenges
- Information on how each scenario should hinder the character on the path to their goal so they’ll learn valuable life lessons and gain insight into what’s holding them back internally
- Instruction about using the multiple levels of conflict to add pressure through immediate, scene-level challenges and looming problems that take time to solve
- Guidance on keeping a story’s central conflict in the spotlight and utilizing subplots effectively so they work with—not against—the main plot line
- An exploration of the climax and how to make this pinnacle event highly satisfying for readers
- Ways to use conflict to deepen your story, facilitate epic adversarial showdowns, give your characters agency, infuse every scene with tension, and more
Meaningful conflict can be so much more than a series of roadblocks. Challenge your characters inside and out with over 100 tension-inducing scenarios in this second volume of The Conflict Thesaurus.
For a sneak peak, click the image to preview this book at Amazon (contains an affiliate link).